Produce SafetyUnderstand and meet the regulatory requirements for the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule
This training was developed by the Produce Safety Alliance (PSA), which is a collaboration between Cornell University, FDA, and USDA to prepare fresh produce growers to meet the regulatory requirements included in the United States Food and Drug Administration’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule.
This course was developed to address the increase in recalls involving fresh produce by providing the latest educational materials to assist farmers and growers with producing safer produce.
Who Will Benefit From Taking This Course
What Skills Can Students Expect To Learn?
Attendees will learn the current FDA requirements for growing and harvesting produce safely. This course takes a preventive and proactive approach to the numerous tasks that farmers/growers perform on any given day. We will discuss how to risk assess different parts of field operations and how to develop safer ways to grow and harvest produce. From verifying the safety of irrigation water by performing standardized testing, to thinking about the proper use of fertilizer (particularly the use of raw manure) and eventually focusing on how to educate and train employees on good agricultural practices that will keep produce safe and ultimately reduce the likelihood of recall.
The specific topics covered in this training include the following:
Schedule Your Class Today
Classes are taught by qualified lead instructors who have been trained and certified by the Produce Safety Alliance. Classes are offered publicly as well as onsite at your location.
View our list of upcoming Produce Safety classes below or contact us today to request private training at your facility.
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Mar 18, 2021 | Online
March 18, 2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager with Exam | Feb 22, 2021
February 22, 2021 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- ServSafe, HACCP, and PCQI Bundle | Save $150 | Jan 26-Feb 10, 2021
January 26, 2021 08:00 AM - February 10, 2021 06:00 PM
- Root Cause Analysis | April 22, 2021
April 22, 2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Seafood HACCP | March 24-25, 2021
March 24, 2021 08:00 AM - March 25, 2021 05:00 PM
- Internal Auditing | April 21, 2021
April 21, 2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Developing a Positive Food Safety Culture | March 10-11, 2021
March 10, 2021 09:00 AM - March 11, 2021 05:00 PM
- HACCP for Food Processors | Jan 27-28, 2021
January 27, 2021 08:00 AM - January 28, 2021 06:00 PM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager with Exam | Jan 26, 2021
January 26, 2021 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- FSPCA PCQI and Intentional Adulteration Bundle | Save $100 | Feb 9-11, 2021
February 9, 2021 08:00 AM - February 11, 2021 06:00 PM