Produce SafetyUnderstand and meet the regulatory requirements for the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule
This training was developed by the Produce Safety Alliance (PSA), which is a collaboration between Cornell University, FDA, and USDA to prepare fresh produce growers to meet the regulatory requirements included in the United States Food and Drug Administration’s Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule.
This course was developed to address the increase in recalls involving fresh produce by providing the latest educational materials to assist farmers and growers with producing safer produce.
Who Will Benefit From Taking This Course
What Skills Can Students Expect To Learn?
Attendees will learn the current FDA requirements for growing and harvesting produce safely. This course takes a preventive and proactive approach to the numerous tasks that farmers/growers perform on any given day. We will discuss how to risk assess different parts of field operations and how to develop safer ways to grow and harvest produce. From verifying the safety of irrigation water by performing standardized testing, to thinking about the proper use of fertilizer (particularly the use of raw manure) and eventually focusing on how to educate and train employees on good agricultural practices that will keep produce safe and ultimately reduce the likelihood of recall.
The specific topics covered in this training include the following:
Schedule Your Class Today
Classes are taught by qualified lead instructors who have been trained and certified by the Produce Safety Alliance. Classes are offered publicly as well as onsite at your location.
View our list of upcoming Produce Safety classes below or contact us today to request private training at your facility.
- PCQI Training Online | Blended Course | August 25, 2020
August 25, 2020 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Food Safety Culture and Internal Auditing Bundle | Save $100 | Oct. 6-8, 2020
October 6, 2020 09:00 AM - October 8, 2020 04:00 PM
- FSPCA PCQI and Intentional Adulteration Bundle | Save $100 | Sept. 15-17, 2020
September 15, 2020 08:00 AM - September 17, 2020 05:00 PM
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Aug 13, 2020
August 13, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager with Exam | August 10, 2020
August 10, 2020 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Developing a Positive Food Safety Culture | Oct 6-7, 2020
October 6, 2020 09:00 AM - October 7, 2020 05:00 PM
- Internal Auditing | October 8, 2020
October 8, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) | Sept. 15-16
September 15, 2020 08:00 AM - September 16, 2020 06:00 PM
- Seafood HACCP – Segment Two | Sept 24
September 24, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Sept 17, 2020
September 17, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM