Allergen ManagementHow to Prevent the #1 Cause of Food Recalls
Undeclared allergens continue to be a major concern within the food industry. There are numerous ways that unexpected allergens could make their way into your food products, including incidental cross-contact by using shared equipment or utensils and unexpected presence in your raw materials. Allergens present in food must also be properly labeled to avoid consumer illness and regulatory nonconformance.
In this class we will discuss the many preventive measures that can be taken at your facility to eliminate the risk of undeclared allergens in your food products, including risk assessing raw materials, developing an allergen management program, scheduling of production runs to reduce risk of allergen cross contact, training of employees and conducting allergen verifications to verify procedures are effective when fully implemented. We will also discuss the current allergen labeling requirements and how to avoid the common labeling mistakes.
Who Will Benefit From Taking This Course
What Skills Can Students Expect To Learn?
Schedule Your Class Today
If you feel that allergens are a food safety concern at your facility and you need the knowledge to properly assess risk and to develop a robust allergen management program that ultimately leads to a more preventive approach and acceptance to the new FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) and 3rd party audit requirements, then this is the right class for you.
See our current Allergen Management classes below, or contact us today to request private training at your facility.
- PCQI Training Online | Blended Course | August 25, 2020
August 25, 2020 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Food Safety Culture and Internal Auditing Bundle | Save $100 | Oct. 6-8, 2020
October 6, 2020 09:00 AM - October 8, 2020 04:00 PM
- FSPCA PCQI and Intentional Adulteration Bundle | Save $100 | Sept. 15-17, 2020
September 15, 2020 08:00 AM - September 17, 2020 05:00 PM
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Aug 13, 2020
August 13, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager with Exam | August 10, 2020
August 10, 2020 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Developing a Positive Food Safety Culture | Oct 6-7, 2020
October 6, 2020 09:00 AM - October 7, 2020 05:00 PM
- Internal Auditing | October 8, 2020
October 8, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) | Sept. 15-16
September 15, 2020 08:00 AM - September 16, 2020 06:00 PM
- Seafood HACCP – Segment Two | Sept 24
September 24, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Sept 17, 2020
September 17, 2020 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM