Allergen ManagementHow to Prevent the #1 Cause of Food Recalls
Undeclared allergens continue to be a major concern within the food industry. There are numerous ways that unexpected allergens could make their way into your food products, including incidental cross-contact by using shared equipment or utensils and unexpected presence in your raw materials. Allergens present in food must also be properly labeled to avoid consumer illness and regulatory nonconformance.
In this class we will discuss the many preventive measures that can be taken at your facility to eliminate the risk of undeclared allergens in your food products, including risk assessing raw materials, developing an allergen management program, scheduling of production runs to reduce risk of allergen cross contact, training of employees and conducting allergen verifications to verify procedures are effective when fully implemented. We will also discuss the current allergen labeling requirements and how to avoid the common labeling mistakes.
Who Will Benefit From Taking This Course
What Skills Can Students Expect To Learn?
Schedule Your Class Today
If you feel that allergens are a food safety concern at your facility and you need the knowledge to properly assess risk and to develop a robust allergen management program that ultimately leads to a more preventive approach and acceptance to the new FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) and 3rd party audit requirements, then this is the right class for you.
See our current Allergen Management classes below, or contact us today to request private training at your facility.
- ServSafe, HACCP, and PCQI Bundle | Save $150 | Jan 26-Feb 10, 2021
January 26, 2021 08:00 AM - February 10, 2021 06:00 PM
- Root Cause Analysis | April 22, 2021
April 22, 2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Seafood HACCP | March 24-25, 2021
March 24, 2021 08:00 AM - March 25, 2021 05:00 PM
- Internal Auditing | April 21, 2021
April 21, 2021 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Developing a Positive Food Safety Culture | March 10-11, 2021
March 10, 2021 09:00 AM - March 11, 2021 05:00 PM
- HACCP for Food Processors | Jan 27-28, 2021
January 27, 2021 08:00 AM - January 28, 2021 06:00 PM
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager with Exam | Jan 26, 2021
January 26, 2021 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- FSPCA PCQI and Intentional Adulteration Bundle | Save $100 | Feb 9-11, 2021
February 9, 2021 08:00 AM - February 11, 2021 06:00 PM
- Intentional Adulteration – Conducting Vulnerability Assessments | Feb 11, 2021
February 11, 2021 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) | Feb. 9-10
February 9, 2021 08:00 AM - February 10, 2021 06:00 PM