Date & Time
This is a LIVE, Instructor-led course using the Zoom online platform.
This International HACCP Alliance approved curriculum is intended to provide attendees with a solid understanding of the 5 preliminary steps and 7 primary steps of HACCP plan development.
With the assistance from an instructor who has a 20+ year career in the food industry and who has successfully developed, managed and defended numerous HACCP programs under both FDA and USDA jurisdiction, you will not only learn how to construct a solid food safety plan, you will also learn how to research and risk assess new and emerging hazards and how to utilize current industry best practices to keep you in regulatory compliance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN
Through course content and exercises, attendees will gain the knowledge and skills to create and manage a food safety plan utilizing the most current approach to food safety. The agenda includes:
- Introduction to food safety and the HACCP system
- Prerequisite programs
- Biological, chemical and physical hazards
- Understanding of the 12 Steps of HACCP – 5 preliminary steps and the 7 principles (12 step approach)
- How to conduct a thorough hazard analysis
- Keys to successful monitoring of critical control points (CCP’s) and implementing corrective actions
- Verification verses validation
- Good record-keeping principles
- Regulatory requirements
- How to defend your program
BEFORE YOU BOOK
Our online training platform is Zoom. Attendees must be comfortable with virtual-style learning and have the following:
- high-speed, uninterrupted internet access
- microphone (computer microphone is usually acceptable)
- unique email
- quiet room for training
Participation in course exercises is also required. Attendees will be called upon by the instructor to share exercise answers and to participate in other class discussions.
Learn how we helped Abita Brewing Company pass their first food safety audit with an A grade.
Abita BreweryAbita Brewery - Audits
March 31, 2022 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
March 14, 2022 11:00 AM - March 18, 2022 03:00 PM
January 25, 2022 12:00 PM - January 26, 2022 03:00 PM